Thursday, November 15, 2007

Call to Arms: Mohnschnecke

This is partially off-topic, but this weekend I'm completing my grad school applications and I wanted a baking project to do when I'm sick of it. Does anyone have a recipe for Mohnschnecke? I miss them.

Mohnschnecke are German pastries; the word means 'Poppyseed Snail.' All the recipes I can find online are in weight measurements, and I don't have a scale. Also, all the recipes I saw were like cinnamon rolls with poppyseeds instead of cinnamon, which is not how I remember them. I remember them as being more like elephant ears with a poppyseed paste between the layers. Anybody?

2 comments:

Paul said...

Here's a start:

http://www.fareshare.net/conversions-volume-to-weight.html

If you really can't find any better converter tools, maybe it's worth coding one.

Paula said...

You know, now that you mention it, MasterCook can do this for me.

Doesn't solve the problem of the recipes I've found being different from the thing I'm looking for, though... Sigh.